Difference between revisions of "Programming:C++"
m (Added subpages section)
m (Removed notes section since the subpages macro provides those links)
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
== Resources ==
== Resources ==
Revision as of 20:35, 11 July 2012
Various resources in no particular order (I'll eventually organize them)
I haven't watched all of these, so I'm not necessarily endorsing any of them
- XoaX.net - Misc videos ranging from C++ to Neural Networks
- thenewboston - website dedicated to providing free, quality tutorial videos on a broad range of subjects
- Programming Video Tutorials (PVT) - Covers many popular programming languages through both text and video tutorials.
- CProgramming.com - Programming Tutorials
- pcgameprogramming.wordpress.com - One person's web log about learning game programming from scratch.
- Wikibooks C++ Programming
- LearnCpp.com - Free website devoted to teaching you to program in C++.
- C++ Quick Reference
- C++ FAQ LITE — Frequently Asked Questions
- C++ FAQ index from faqs.org
- C++ Programming Language Tutorials]
- C++ Reference
- The C++ Programming Language - The original author's C++ page.
- C++ in the Real World: Advice from the Trenches
- Deitel C++ Programming Resource Center]
- One reason C++ sucks compared to C 
- Boost, free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.
- C/C++ Runtime Libraries - MSDN, VS2005
- gamedev.net - Tutorials, Forums
- dreamincode.net - Tutorials, Forums
- Holub Associates - C++ Rules of thumb 
- Free Programmers', Webmasters' and Security Resources - HUGE collection of info
- scribd.com documents tagged with C++]
- C++ Home 
- Tech Talk - A Use for stringstreams
- The C++ Source, online journal for C++ Community
- The C++ Annotations
- java2s.com - C++ Tutorial
- intelligentedu.com 
- koders.com - Open Source Code Search Engine
- codeproject.com - Articles, Code, Message Boards]
- apitalk.com - Resource center and source code repository (has useful articles)
- ] - Lots of articles and occasionally book excerpts
- C++ Coding Standard
- Design by Contract Programming in C++
- C++ Pitfalls
- relisoft.com - C++ Resources page 
- cplusplus.com - The C++ Resources Network
- It's always interesting to hear opposing points of view
- From the table of contents in Enough Rope to Shoot Yourself in the Foot
- That's the name of the site, Bjarne Stroustrup is the original creator of C++ - Good FAQs listed here.
- Blogs which link to programming resources (College lectures, books). Looks very good.
- Looks to be *very* useful.
- class to Read Ini File
- gamedev.net - ini reader (c++, any platform)
- programmingforums.org - INI-file reader
I've logged Windows-specific notes here
* [[amazon>0470863986|You Can Do It!: A Beginners Introduction to Computer Programming]] * [Support] * [site] * YCDI notes
* [[amazon>0131857576|C++ How to Program (5th Edition)]] * [Support]
* [[amazon>0672326973|C++ Primer Plus (5th Edition, 2nd printing)]] * [[informit>0672326973|Downloads, Samples, Extra Content]]
* [[amazon>0764571974|Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2005]] * [Support]
* [[amazon>0764574841|Professional C++ (Programmer to Programmer)]] * [Support]
* [[amazon>0321321928|C++ Common Knowledge: Essential Intermediate Programming]] * [[informit>0321321928|Extras, Sample Content]] * [website]
* [[amazon>0766846822|Jamsa's C/C++/C# Programmer's Bible]] ((This book was issued before the C++03 update to the  standard and doesn't follow current conventions. For example it uses
#include <iostream.h>instead of:
#include <iostream>Sadly enough it also isn't listed on the publisher's site and I can't find any other mention of errata for it.))
* [[amazon>1886411956|How Not to Program in C++: 111 Broken Programs and 3 Working Ones, or Why Does 2+2=5986]] * [Support] * [website] * [] ((I haven't taken the time to review this yet.))
* [[amazon>020170353X|Accelerated C++]] * [for the book] (errata, etc.)
* [[amazon>0201379260|The C++ Standard Library - A Tutorial and Reference]] * [for the book] (errata, etc.)
* [[amazon>9780596004965|C++ Pocket Reference]]((lots of errata :()) * [[or>9780596004965|Errata, PDF purchase, etc]] @ O'Reilly Media
* Thinking in C++ * [[amazon>0139798099|Thinking in C++, Volume One: Introduction to Standard C++ (2nd Edition)]] * [[amazon>0130353132|Thinking in C++, Volume Two: Practical Programming]] * [in C++ Electronic books page] ((Warning, some links are broken)) * [- PDF copies of these books]
* Introduction to 3D Game Programming with [[amazon>1556229135|Direct X 9]], [[amazon>1598220160|Direct X 9.0c]], [[amazon>1598220535|Direct 3D 10]] * [site] (errata, forums, etc.)