From WhyAskWhy.org Wiki
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (over ripe)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 chopped nuts (optional: pecans and walnuts work best)
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugar.
- Beat well. It will look like wet sugar, crumbly.
- Add Eggs & beat.
- Add peeled squashed bananas (mashing with a fork works good).
- Add milk (turn mixer down).
- Add flour a little at a time (no dust storms wanted).
- Mix well.
- Add choped nuts if wanted & stir well.
- Pour into well greased 9x11 pan.
- Bake at anywhere from 375 to 400 degrees depending on oven.
- It will brown on top and sides and will pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool, cut in squares and eat. The last part is the important part.